Once I watched a movie that is viewed by many as a classic. A monumental moment in cinema history. It involves spaceships…I like spaceships. It involves an excellent score…I like soundtracks. It involves a rogue robot…done. Sold. Take me on this epic adventure! Bring it!
Almost three hours later, I had finished a mostly silent film whose pace rivals that of the most terrifying creature on planet earth…the sloth. Not to mention, a giant space baby.
2001: A Space Odyssey left me feeling very lost, with little connection to the characters. It was long and I didn’t care about most of the scenes, beautiful as they were.
Fallout 4 has done the impossible. It has recreated this experience and expanded it to 30-40 hours of main-story-only gameplay. Continue reading
I have never played anything by Telltale Games. Having to pay per episode really…really…really turns me off. Buying episodic games is like buying an EA game before the inevitable DLC (a.k.a. full game) bundle comes out next year for the same price. I have refused to dip my toe into those impure waters.
Then, in the month of November, PS+ decided that Season 2 of The Walking Dead would be free. Season 1 was also placed on discount…I see you Sony…I see what you did there, you cheeky turds.
Thankfully my back pocket is stitched together with a will of iron. Instead of succumbing to the temptation…I began Season 2, allowing choices from the first season to be generated. Continue reading
Everyone, I have a confession to make. I haven’t been writing anything new. I haven’t been playing anything “new.” I haven’t been doing anything new. In fact, I don’t smell very new. I have been rotting away on my couch spending hours playing…something…something I’m ashamed of.
Normally, I would be excited to tell everyone about a game that is capable of turning me into a junkie jonesing for his next fix, but this time it’s a little awkward. This is because The Taken King is a DLC for a game I previously called out for drowning in mediocrity and laziness, with zero ambition.
Unfortunately, I am now the one who is mediocre and lazy, with no ambition outside of gaining the next bit of loot from The Taken King. The joke is on me…sort of… Continue reading
There isn’t much that makes me miss my Xbox 360. I’m not trying to single out Xbox here, I’d say the same thing for my PS3. When I move to next gen I like to leave the old ones behind. Not that I can this gen with the past simply being remastered and placed back in front of me. Don’t believe me?
- Gears of War: Ultimate Edition
- Castle Crashers Remastered
- Tearaway Unfolded
- Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection
- Dishonored: Definitive Edition
- Final Fantasy VII
- Darksiders II: Deathinitive Edition
- Day of the Tentacle: Special Edition
- Resident Evil Zero HD Remaster
- God of War III Remastered
- Prototype Biohazard Bundle
- Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition
- Payday 2: Crimewave Edition
- Final Fantasy X/X-2 Remaster
- State of Decay: Year One Survival Edition
- Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin
- Borderlands: The Handsome Collection
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD
- Devil May Cry: Definitive Edition
- Grim Fandango Remastered
- Saints Row IV: Re-Elected
- Grand Theft Auto V
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- The Binding of Isaac Rebirth
- Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition
- Metro Redux
- Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition
- The Last of Us Remastered
- Oddworld: New N’ Tasty
- Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition
Anyway, remasters are a different topic for a different blog. I miss my Xbox 360. The reason…
My friends, I’ve been writing paragraphs for the past two hours and I simply cannot explain the environment of ilomilo. Cuteness on this level is indescribable, unconscionable, and should be made illegal. This game will murder you with cute. Continue reading